Rain washes out sports schedule
Rain, rain, go away!
That's what area athletic directors are thinking after Tuesday's rainstorms throughout the Kansas City metro area postponed numerous sporting events.
Basehor-Linwood has rescheduled its athletic activities in light on the weather. Here are the following changes to the athletic schedule:
The Bobcats track and field squad will participate in the Perry Invitational on Monday, April 16, at 4 p.m.
BLHS varsity baseball against Santa Fe Trail has been moved to Thursday, May 10, at 4p.m. The doubleheader will be played at Basehor's Field of Dreams.
Junior varsity baseball at Santa Fe Trail will be played on Friday, April 20, at 4 p.m.
Lady Bobcat varsity and junior varsity softball will be played on Saturday, May 12, beginning at 10 a.m.
Varsity girls' soccer against Harmon has not been rescheduled at this time. The Lady Bobcats' season opener against Ottawa on March 3 was also postponed and still has not been rescheduled.
Bonner Springs has not rescheduled Tuesday's athletic events as of press time, but only one sport was washed out.
Varsity baseball was scheduled for a home doubleheader with Kansas City-Harmon before the afternoon rains arrived.
The Braves junior varsity baseball team was slated to play at Harmon for a twinbill at 4 p.m.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Basehor students take stage in USM production
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career