Obit: Harriet Frances Hancock
Services for Harriet F. Hancock, 81, Tonganoxie, are Aug. 2, at United Methodist Church, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Hancock died Sunday, July 29, at her home.
Harriet was born Oct. 24, 1919, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Ruben and Laura Johnson. She was a homemaker and had owned Hancock Variety Store, Tonganoxie. She was a member of the Tonganoxie Senior Citizens, a founder on the Good Shepherd Thrift Shop, and a member of the United Methodist Church, Tonganoxie, where she was active in the United Methodist Women.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Arthur E. Hancock Sr., in 1986.
Survivors include two sons, Arthur Hancock Jr., and Quentin Hancock, both of Tonganoxie; one daughter, Phyllis Jansen, Austin, Texas; one sister Lucy Capp, Kansas City, Kan.; eight grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the United Methodist Church Endowment Fund, c/o Quisenberry Funeral Home, PO Box 993, Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer