Obit: Una M. Ponton
Graveside services for Una May Ponton, 87, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, July 28, at Fowler Cemetery, West Plains, Mo.
Mrs. Ponton died Wednesday, July 25, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
She was born Aug. 5, 1913, in Caulfield, the daughter of Frank and Nellie (Hobbs) Roop.
A homemaker, Mrs. Ponton moved in 1998 to Tonganoxie from Minneapolis, Kan.
She married Everett Eugene Ponton on May 23, 1959. He died Dec. 31, 1998.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth Wilcox, Bonner Springs; a daughter, Darlene King, Ash Flat, Ark.; 10 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, is in charge of local arrangements.
More like this story
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Basehor car enthusiast to participate in 'Art of the Car'
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Basehor-based Holy-Field takes top honors at wine competition