Linwood woman killed in wreck
A 21-year-old Linwood resident was killed in a car accident on Thursday, Aug. 16, in Leavenworth County.
Leavenworth County Sheriff's Department deputies said Brandie Simpson was driving her 2001 Hyundai on Kansas Highway 32 near Cantrell Road when her vehicle veered off the road and hit a fence. Deputies said the car overturned several times and Simpson was ejected from the vehicle.
Simpson was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, deputies said.
An approximate time of the wreck has not been established, however, deputies said the accident probably occurred between midnight and 6:30 a.m.
Deputies said initial reports have Simpson leaving the Mac's Speedway Bar and Grill and heading for her apartment in Linwood at the time of the accident.
Sgt. Charles Yates said a blood alcohol test has been performed, although the results of the test have not been determined. The results should be completed within a week, he said.
Yates said the Sheriff's Department will continue to investigate the accident
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County