Obit: Nora Mae Alonzo
Former resident Nora Mae Alonzo died July 7 at her home in Kansas City, Kan. She was 62.
Nora Mae Alonzo was born August 16, 1938, in Kansas City, Mo. She graduated from Bishop Ward High School in 1955 and from St. Mary's College in Leavenworth with a BSN. She was a Registered Nurse and an administrator with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. She was a member of the Phi Theta Kapa, National Honor Society for Nurses and a member of the VFW Post 111 Ladies Auxiliary.
She was a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church of Bonner Springs, where she was active in the church choir.
Survivors include one daughter, Marie E. Alonzo, Edwardsville; three sons, Thomas A. Alonzo, Kansas City, Kan., John P. Alonzo and wife Denise, Overland Park, Kan., and Steven P. Alonzo and wife Heidi, Kansas City, Kan.; and four grandchildren.
Services took place Thursday, July 12, at Sacred Heart Church of Bonner Springs. Burial was in the Leavenworth National Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Memorial contributions may be made to Sacred Heart Church, St. Labre Indian School Educational Assn., Ashland , MT 59004, or The Lighthouse, 7110 Wyandotte, Kansas City, MO, 64114.
More like this story
- BLHS wrestlers take seventh place at Emporia
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Former Kansas man pleads guilty in unlawful-voting case