Letter: It’s great to hear good news about our youth
To the Editor:
The article on Calley Hoffman written by Matt Tait in the Nov. 8 edition of the Basehor Sentinel was evidence that there are teen-agers in our community who are responsible, mature young people.
Calley is involved in many activities, one of them being rodeo. The 'hook' in the article was the photo of Calley competing in an event known as barrel racing. It made me feel like I was almost there. My husband and our two daughters and I have enjoyed watching many rodeo competitions. How wonderful for Calley that she's excelling in something she loves.
In light of the fact that our nation is currently at war, it was refreshing to be able to pick up the paper and read some good news.
So many young people at Basehor-Linwood High School have excelled and achieved in one thing or another and have good relationships with their parents, friends, teachers and coaches. It was uplifting to see one of them recognized in the newspaper.
Thank you, Matt, for a great article. Keep the good news coming. And congratulations to Calley Hoffman for her hard work and dedication.
YouthFriends volunteer, Basehor-Linwood High School
More like this story
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan