Obit: Grace D. Bridges
Funeral services for Grace Bridges, 95, Boonville, will be Nov. 15 at 2 p.m. at United Methodist Church, Jarbalo, Kan. Burial will be in Fall Creek Cemetery, Jarbalo.
Mrs. Bridges died Monday, Nov. 12, at Riverdell Nursing Center, Boonville.
Grace was born April 4, 1906, in Jarbalo, the daughter of William and Maude Somers. She was a member of the Jarbalo United Methodist Church, Jarbalo. She married her first husband, Albert Mason, in 1924. She married her second husband, Loren Bridges, in 1983.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Albert, in 1978; her second husband, Loren, in 1985; a son, Donald Mason; three brothers, Floyd, William, and Charles Somers; and two sisters, Opal Moore and Elizabeth Whitaker.
Survivors include two daughters, Alberta Heintzelman, Leavenworth, and Janice Baragary, Boonville; three sisters, Beulah Lenahan, Tonganoxie, Lois Schwinn, Ottawa, and Wanda Chauvin, Lawrence; five grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren and eight great-great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Flooding closes road near Easton in Leavenworth County
- Bobcats' bats come alive against Tonganoxie
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County