Obit: Grace D. Bridges
Funeral services for Grace Bridges, 95, Boonville, will be Nov. 15 at 2 p.m. at United Methodist Church, Jarbalo, Kan. Burial will be in Fall Creek Cemetery, Jarbalo.
Mrs. Bridges died Monday, Nov. 12, at Riverdell Nursing Center, Boonville.
Grace was born April 4, 1906, in Jarbalo, the daughter of William and Maude Somers. She was a member of the Jarbalo United Methodist Church, Jarbalo. She married her first husband, Albert Mason, in 1924. She married her second husband, Loren Bridges, in 1983.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Albert, in 1978; her second husband, Loren, in 1985; a son, Donald Mason; three brothers, Floyd, William, and Charles Somers; and two sisters, Opal Moore and Elizabeth Whitaker.
Survivors include two daughters, Alberta Heintzelman, Leavenworth, and Janice Baragary, Boonville; three sisters, Beulah Lenahan, Tonganoxie, Lois Schwinn, Ottawa, and Wanda Chauvin, Lawrence; five grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren and eight great-great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Bobcats' bats come alive against Tonganoxie
- LCHS hires firm to design future shelter
- Retirement celebration set for USD 458 bus coordinator
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties