Obit: Walter Lemuel Wiley
Services for Walter Wiley, 87, Tonganoxie, are Nov. 21 at 1 p.m. at the Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Wiley died Monday, Nov. 19, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie.
Walter was born April 3, 1914, in Leavenworth, the son of Lemuel and Anna Wiley. He was a retired maintenance supervisor of Owen-Corning Fiberglass Corporation in Kansas City, Kan. He was a member of the West Gate Masonic Lodge, KC, the Stanwood Friends Church and the Tonganoxie Cemetery Board. He was a former member of the Kansas National Guard at Lawrence, and later served in the U.S. Navy during WW II as a sheet metal worker on aircraft. He married Doris P. Moore in 1933. He enjoyed nature and animals and was an avid sports fan.
Survivors include his wife, Doris, Tonganoxie; two sons, Lyle Wiley, Grove, Okla., and Ronald Wiley, Battlefield, Mo.; one daughter Judith Wiley-Evans, Tonganoxie; three grandchildren and four stepgrandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Stanwood Friends Church, c/o Quisenberry Funeral Home, PO Box 993, Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
More like this story
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council