Obit: John Edwin Layman
Inernment for John E. Layman, 78, Chino, Calif., was Oct. 2 at Riverside National Cemetery, Calif.
Mr. Layman died Sept. 18 at his home.
John was born June 18, 1923, in Stet, Mo. He served in the Navy during WW II and earned the Purple Heart. He lived in Edwardsville and Bonner Springs from 1949 until 1957.
Survivors include his wife, Margaret Layman, Chino, Calif.; one daughter, Kimberly Hill, Ontario, Calif.; one sister, Lois Young, Easley, SC; and one granddaughter, Kelly Hill.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)