Obit: Etta K. Elston
Services for Etta Elston, 88, Tonganoxie, are Sept. 6 at the First Congregational Church, Tonganoxie. Burial is in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Elston died Sunday, Sept. 2, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Home, Tonganoxie.
Etta was born Nov. 15, 1912, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Fred and Nellie Angell. She was a homemaker, a member of the First Congregational Church and the Plymouth Guild. She married Ernest G. Elston in 1932.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Ernest, in 1979; and one son, Gary Elston, in 1966.
Survivors include one son, Donald Elston, Grandview, Mo.; one brother, Pete Angell, Tonganoxie; two grandsons, Mark Elston, Tonganoxie, and Scott Hazlet, New Jersey; one granddaughter, Lori Gordey, Lee's Summit, Mo.; and seven great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the First Congregational Church or to Alzheimer's Association c/o Quisenberry Funeral Home, PO Box 993, Tonganoxie, KS 66806.
More like this story
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer