Obit: C.A.“Swede” Pruesser
Services for C.A. Pruessner, 80, Overland Park, were April 13 at the Porter Funeral Home, Lenexa. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mr. Pruessner died Wednesday, April 10, at Shawnee Mission Medical Center.
Swede was born Feb. 12, 1922, in Garden City, Mo., and had lived most of his life in the Kansas City area. He had been a former partner in the Ranch Bowl in Kansas City, Kan. and Pruessner Ford-Mercury, Atchison, Kan., He had also been a realtor in Wyandotte and Johnson counties. He was a member of the First Christian Church, Bonner Springs, and had been a volunteer at Shawnee Mission Medical Center. He was an Army Air Corp veteran of WW II and was an avid golfer.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Wyatt Pruessner.
Survivors include his wife of 59 years, Lucile Pruessner, of the home; one son, Cap Pruessner, Atchison; two daughters and their husbands, Sharon and Gary Mullin, Overland Park, and Joyce and Paul Richards, Leawood; one brother, Leo Pruessner, Arvada, Colo.; one sister, Fern Whiteaker, Prairie Village; four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the First Christian Church of Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU