Letter: Irresponsible behavior
To the Editor:
This letter is about the person that ran over and killed my dog Trixie right in front of me at 7:20 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 5. Trixie had gotten out of the backyard and was walking down the street close to the curb. I was in my front yard getting ready to leave for work when I noticed her. She was walking slowly and hadn't seen me yet. Suddenly, a sports car came down our street and ran right over her and killed her.
They didn't even put on the brakes or swerve. The person driving the car started to slow down for a second and then apparently saw me and took off. Our family is understandably devastated about Trixie, but it was mad more devastating because the person that did this didn't even stop to help or say they were sorry. I realize my dog should not have been in the street, but they do get out sometimes. Drivers, please slow down in residential areas. There are kids and animals that could get hurt. If you do hit an animal or even worse a person, do the right thing and stop.
More like this story
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan