Obit: Donald J. Riedlinger
Funeral services for Donald J. Riedlinger were Monday, Aug. 12, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. There was a prayer vigil at 7p.m. on Aug. 11 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
Mr. Riedlinger died Aug. 8 in his home in Dodge City, Kan. He was 65 years old. He will be buried at Maple Grove Cemetery with military rites.
Born and reared in Ford County, Kan., he married Janice Stegman on April 28, 1962, at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Offerie. He served in the United States Air Force for four years as a weapons specialist.
A lifetime resident of Ford County, he worked for Prairie Builders and owned and operated Don's Excavating.
Riedlinger was a member of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Dodge City.
He is survived by his wife, Janice Riedliger, Dodge City; son, Bill Riedlinger, Meade, two daughters, Lynnette Hatfield, Basehor, and Lori Titsworth, Great Bend; a brother, Larry Riedlinger, Wichita, KS, two sisters, Evelyn McBee, Minneola, Kan., and Hilda Coker, Dodge City, two grandchildren, Emily and Allison Hatfield, Basehor, six step grandchildren, and many other family members and friends.
The family suggests memorials to Hospice of the Prairie or Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students