Treff Tax Service open for business
Taxes wait for no one.
Overcoming the loss of their office area and an impending sale, tax officials at the Treff Tax Service in Basehor are busy as ever helping clients beat the April 15 deadline.
The tax service, once located at the Basehor shopping center at 155th Street and State Avenue, lost their office in a fire Dec. 15.
One month later, the business was sold to Lawrence businessman Richard Todd.
"It's been hectic with the fire and then the sale," said Dorothy Treff, Treff Tax Service office manager.
Despite the obstacles, the tax office is back in full swing helping 475 clients meet the filing deadline.
"The month of February is peak time," Treff said. "It's usually with people seeking a simple return."
It was important for the tax service to get back on its feet because it serves so many area clients, she said.
Treff said 78 percent of the office's clients are from Basehor, Bonner Springs, Tonganoxie and Piper.
"Basehor and all around are pretty much the hub," Treff said.
The city of Basehor has been home to the Treff Tax Service for 27 years and the company will continue to maintain its Basehor location, Treff said.
Treff Tax Service is located on 155th Street in Basehor. To reach the office by telephone call (913) 724-1080.
Treff said preparing most taxes takes between 30 minutes to one hour.
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Budget shortfall, World Series among Kansas' top 2015 news