Obit: Clarence Wesley McMechan Jr.
Services for Clarence W. McMechan Jr., 84, Lawrence, were Monday, Dec. 31 at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. McMechan died Thursday, Dec. 27, at his residence.
Clarence was born November 4, 1917, in Sugar Creek, Mo., the son of Clarence Wesley and Blanche McMechan. He was a WW II Army Veteran. He married Vera Gay Kramer in 1938.
He was preceded in death by four sons, Gene Allen McMechan, Wesley Dean McMechan, Glen Arnold McMechan, and Carl Lesley McMechan.
His wife, Vera, died Dec. 28, 2001.
Survivors include five sons, Larry Eugene McMechan, Stanley Neil McMechan, Leland Clark McMechan, Clinton Lee McMechan, all of Lawrence, and Donald Ray McMechan, South Greenfield, Mo.; three daughters, Wilma Lucille Hall, Marilyn Gay Burns, and Sherry Ann Floyd, all of Lawrence; four sisters, Elizabeth Oshel, Lawrence, Edith Farmer and Beatrice Emery, both of Kelseyville, Calif., and Dorothy Schaal, Wichita; 24 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Lawrence Humane Society, c/o Quisenberry Funeral Home, PO Box 993, Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Historic endeavor: BLHS students head to national competition
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative