Obit: Laura Mae Graves
Services for Laura M. Graves, 44, Edwardsville, are Dec. 27 at the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs. Burial will be in the Edwardsville Cemetery, Edwardsville.
Mrs. Graves died Sunday, Dec. 23, at her home.
Laura was born Oct. 2, 1957, in Limon, Colo. She was a laborer for Clarkson Construction Co., Kansas City, Mo., for 10 years before retiring in 1994. She enjoyed being a homemaker and gardener.
Survivors include her husband, Fay Graves, Edwardsville; one son, Jeremy Orchord, Parkville, Mo.; one step son, Fay Graves Jr., Kansas City, Kan.; one daughter, Kimberly Orahood, Edwardsville; her parents, Everett and Shirley Rector, Lamar, Mo.; one brother, Cole Rector, Lamar, Mo.; five sisters, Linda Bryant, Joplin, Mo., Sherry Vermillion, Shawnee, Donna Harpde, Barstow, Calif., Sandra Rector, Lamar, Mo., and Misty Leidholt, Denton, Texas; one grandson; 13 nieces, and nine nephews.
The family suggests memorials to the Kansas City Hospice.
More like this story
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers