Obit: Rev. Herman W. Karriker
Services for Rev. Herman Karriker, 67, Tonganoxie, are pending at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie.
Rev. Karriker died Sunday, June 30, at St. Luke's Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo.
Herman was born Aug. 15, 1934, in Hampton, Arkansas, the son of John Wesley and Ola Mea (Stratton) Karriker. He was a minister for the Tonganoxie Assembly of God Church, Tonganoxie, for more than 40 years. He married Waneta Ruth Rutter on Aug. 15, 1953, in Leavenworth.
Survivors include his wife, Waneta, of the home; one son, John C. Karriker, Roseville, Calif.; two daughters, G. Sue Sprague, Leavenworth, Sharon R. Marrow, Basehor; one brother, Jerry Karriker, Springfield, Va.; two sisters, Glenda Watts, El Dorado, Ark., Sherril Prothro, Flower Mound, Texas; eight grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Basehor, Bonner locations available for prescription safe disposal
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County