Obit: Thomas H. Peppard
Services for Thomas H. Peppard, 82, Linwood, will be at 10 a.m., Friday, June 28 at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan. Friends may call Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m.
Mr. Peppard died Monday, June 24, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center.
He was born Nov. 16, 1919, in Hugoton, Kan., the son of Benjamin and Izora (Cohenour) Peppard. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and retired in 1982 from General Motors in Fairfax, Kan. He was a member of Quenemo Baptist Church, Quenemo, Kan. and also of Local No. 31 UAW, Kansas City, Kan.
He was preceded in death by his first wife and mother of his children, Winifred Cook Peppard and his second wife, Elva Huffman. He was also preceded in death by one son, Roland Louis Peppard, one daughter Violet E. Peppard; four grand-children and one great-granddaughter.
Survivors include two sons Robert W. Peppard, Mesa, Ariz., Terry L. Peppard, Kansas City, Mo.; two stepsons, John D. Huffman, Linwood, and James R. Huffman, Kansas City, Kan.; two daughters, Carolyn Hummelgaard, McLouth and Sue Tripp, Tonganoxie; one stepdaughter, Karen Briscoe, Lindwood; 21 grandchildren, 51 great-grandchildren and seven great-great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increase
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow