Obit: Roberta Mae Kichell
Services for Roberta Mae Kitchell, 68, La Cygne, formerly of Bonner Springs, were March 25 at the Coffel-Schneider Mangold Funeral Home, La Cygne. Interment was in Cadmus Cemetery, Cadmus, Kan.
Mrs. Kitchell died Thursday, March 21, at her home.
She was born May 12, 1933, in Kansas, the daughter of Robert Joseph Tinsley and Myrtle Frances Venable Tinsely. She married Charles Edward Kitchell Sr., in Lenexa on Nov. 18, 1950. She was a homemaker and a member of United Methodist Church, La Cygne.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles, 1985; five brothers, Johnny Tinsley, Robert Tinsley, Donald Tinsley, William Tinsley and Charles Henry Tinsley; two sisters, Irene Springer and Joyce Feldman; and three grandchildren.
Survivors include four children, Charles Kitchell Jr., Chino Valley, Ariz., Daisy Capp, La Cygne, Linda Friday, Kansas City, Mo., and Susan Laurie, Raytown, Mo., a sister, Barbara Stevenin, Platt City, Mo.; five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Olathe Hospice or Cancer Fund.
More like this story
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Lifetime of changes apparent with birthplace visit
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer