Obit:Ruth Marguerite Waitley
Services for Ruth M. Waitley, 84, Kansas City, Kan., were May 7 at the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Waitley died Saturday, May 4, at Medical Lodge North, Kansas City, Kan.
Ruth was born May 29, 1917, in Kansas City, Kan. She was a Baptist and had previously enjoyed her membership in the Old Muncie School PTA years ago.
She was preceded in death by her husband Martin T. Waitley Sr., in 1954.
Survivors include three sons, Thomas Waitley, Ozawkie, Kan., Don Waitley, Hallowell, Kan., and Bill Waitley, Marshall, Ark.; three daughters, Carolyn Mestagh, McLouth, Kan., Dixie Walker, Phoenix, Ariz., and Patsy Waitley, Kansas City, Kan.; 20 grandchildren, 36 great-grandchildren, and six great-great- grandchildren, as well as a host of nieces, nephews and other family.
The family suggests memorials to Wyandotte County Cancer Action, Inc or Cottonwood Mentally Disabled Fund c/o Alden-Harrington Funeral Home.
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage