Room for Basehor commerce opening
Lease space for at least three new Basehor businesses could be available as soon as November, local developer Jeff Himpel said.
Himpel, owner of Basehor Rental, J.B.'s Liquor, Speedway Mini-storage and Color Wheel, said he is constructing another building, with approximately 4,500 square feet of space, near his other businesses on 155th Street.
"It should be ready in November or early December," Himpel said.
No deals have been made concerning the businesses that would locate to the new building.
"It's still a little early for leases," he said. "But we're trying to find businesses that are services the community would need."
Some of those businesses include a locksmith, pool distributor and possibly another restaurant.
"There's plenty of businesses out there that want to come here," he said. "And there's going to be growth. They just need the lease space available."
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row