Room for Basehor commerce opening
Lease space for at least three new Basehor businesses could be available as soon as November, local developer Jeff Himpel said.
Himpel, owner of Basehor Rental, J.B.'s Liquor, Speedway Mini-storage and Color Wheel, said he is constructing another building, with approximately 4,500 square feet of space, near his other businesses on 155th Street.
"It should be ready in November or early December," Himpel said.
No deals have been made concerning the businesses that would locate to the new building.
"It's still a little early for leases," he said. "But we're trying to find businesses that are services the community would need."
Some of those businesses include a locksmith, pool distributor and possibly another restaurant.
"There's plenty of businesses out there that want to come here," he said. "And there's going to be growth. They just need the lease space available."
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring