Basehor-Linwood school board looking to fill vacancy
The Basehor-Linwood School Board will begin the process of filling a vacant position during its meeting Monday, Aug. 18.
School officials said at least two people are in consideration for filling the vacant position No. 4, north of Parallel, formerly held by Ron Owen, who resigned last month.
Owen resigned for personal reasons, school officials said.
School district officials said replacement candidates should possess the following attributes:
- a broad background of experience and knowledge.
- ability to understand the forces of societal change and plan for the future.
- tolerance and without prejudice.
- an understanding that education is complex and simplistic approaches will not meet challenges.
- a sincere desire to serve the community.
- responsive to needs of individuals and groups.
- listen for real consensus.
- a responsibility to all children in the state and not solely those in the local district.
- the capability to learn and grow.
School Board president Kerry Mueller said she would speak with both candidates before the school board makes a decision on the new board member.
Owen was elected in 2001 and his term runs through 2005; his replacement will fill the remainder of the term.