Leadership class accepting applications
The Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development class is accepting applications for its 2003-2004 classes. This is the 14th year of the program, which has graduated 180 students from the Basehor, Tonganoxie, Linwood and Lansing areas.
Students must complete seven of the eight sessions and attend three of four scheduled activities that include school board meetings, planning commission meetings, city council meetings or Leavenworth Area Development Board Meetings. Students who complete all requirements receive a plaque at the graduation ceremonies in May.
Classes are made up of business owners and their employees, city employees and students from the Basehor-Linwood and Tonganoxie School Districts. Businesses are and organizations are encouraged to sponsor employees or members. The tuition fee is $75 per student.
Applications will be available at First State Bank & Trust in Basehor and Tonganoxie, Citizens Savings & Loan Association in Basehor, Community National Bank in Basehor and Tonganoxie, the Basehor, Tonganoxie and Linwood Libraries, City Halls in Basehor and Tonganoxie.
Additional information is available by calling Ty Garver, 724-2121, or Velda Roberts, 369-9260.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Face to Face: Clark Middle School's Ellen Kalousek
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social