Basehor bank expects completion next year
Construction of the Community National Bank permanent site, the southeast corner of State Avenue and 158th Street, is under way and could be completed by early next year.
The bank site is a part of the Pinehurst development, an approximately 100-acre commercial, retail and residential area located south of State Avenue, across from the Basehor Town Square.
The $2 million, multi-level facility sits on a two-acre site and will encompass 16,500 square feet of space. The bank will shift its operation from its current Basehor location at the Basehor Town Square, to the permanent building.
In addition to offering normal bank services, the permanent site will also house the mortgage and credit departments of Community National Bank, which currently operate locally at a branch in Tonganoxie.
Shifting the mortgage and credit departments a few miles east will give the Tonganoxie branch more space and room for future expansion, bank officials said.
Copeland Construction, a Lee's Summit company, is building the Community National Bank permanent site.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27