Obit: Barbara J. Moren Altieri
1924 -- 2003
Services for Barbara Moren Altieri, 78, Bonner Springs, formerly of Tucson, Ariz., were June 11 at the Alden-Harrington Chapel. Cremation.
Mrs. Altieri died Sunday, June 8 at her daughter's home in Bonner Springs.
Barbara was born September 13, 1924, in Laredo, Mo. She was a Christian. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary, the Moose Lodge, and the DAR, all of Tucson, Ariz. She moved to Bonner Springs from Arizona in 2000.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Gary Moren Altieri and Michael Anthony Altieri.
Survivors include one daughter, Cheri Altieri-Peffer and husband John, Bonner Springs; one sister, Mary Follet, Tucson, Ariz.; six grandchildren, Major J.D. Davis, Anthony Davis, Collin Altieri, Casey Altieri, Jessica Altieri, and Nicholas Altieri; and six great-grandchildren, Westin, Shelby, Megan, Lauren, Sophia, and Anthony.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Kansas City Hospice.
More like this story
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future