Obit: Bernard Francis Uhlrich
1917 -- 2003
Memorial services for Bernard Francis Uhlrich were Tuesday, March 18 at the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church, conducted by Dr. Paul Waters. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery. Visitation was Monday, March 17 at Quisenberry Funeral Home.
Mr. Uhlrich, 86, died Friday, March 14, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Uhlrich was born Feb. 28, 1917 in Springdale, Kan., the son of Frank J. and Lena (Boillet) Uhlrich. He was the owner of Uhlrich Oil Co., for 27 years. Mr. Uhlrich was a member of the Sertoma International Club and the United Methodist Church, both of Tonganoxie. On June 27, 1941, he married Bonnie Black in Jefferson County, Kan. Mr. Uhlrich and his wife were residents of Presbyterian Manor, Lawrence, since January 2000.
Mr. Uhlrich was preceded in death by a son, Francis; a grandson, David; a sister, Sister Eulalia; and two brothers, Joseph and Lawrence.
Mr. Uhlrich is survived by his wife, Bonnie Uhlrich, of the home; a son, James Uhlrich, Edwardsville; a daughter, Cheryl Packard, Lawrence; a sister, Sister Ellenita Uhlrich, Leavenworth, and three grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church.
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Remember When for April 23, 2015
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field