New Bagel and Expresso Bar opens in Basehor
A new Basehor restaurant opened this week to find eager customers come pouring through its doors.
What's New Bagel and Espresso Bar, located on the west side of the Basehor Town Square at 155th Street and Kansas Highway 24/40, officially opened Monday, May 5.
"I'd say we had at least 60 customers," said Stephanie Theno and her husband, Jeff, own the new shop in partnership with Charlie and Michelle Canarata, Basehor. "Some people came through for breakfast and lunch."
"It's been real good," Jeff said. "We appreciate everybody coming out."
The 1,000-square-foot restaurant will be open from 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, the shop will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The breakfast menu of the restaurant will feature items such as bagels, muffins and pastries, with drinks such as espresso, capuccino, coffee, tea, orange juice and soda pop.
A light lunch menu of sandwiches and salads also will be available.
The restaurant also offers cheesecakes, birthday and wedding cakes.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor pastor Amy Lippoldt
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career