Basehor Library book fair Saturday
To help kick off its summer reading program, the Basehor Community Library will host a scholastic book fair from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, May 17.
The book fair will take place at the Basehor-Linwood Education Service Center, 155th Street and Leavenworth Road.
The sale will feature children's books and it's buy one, get one free, library officials said. Books range in price from $2 to $20.
All books for sale Saturday are brand new, library officials said.
The book sale will also give students and parents a chance to sign up for the library's summer reading program. The summer reading program sets reading goals for students during the summer months.
Students from ages three to 12 are eligible for the summer reading program and the program last eight weeks, June 2 to July 26. There is no cost to participate, library officials said.
A kickoff party for the summer reading program is scheduled for 3 p.m., Monday, June 2, at the Basehor-Linwood High School auditorium.
Brent Dellinger, Salina, will be on-hand for entertainment. Dellinger is the 2002 Yo-Yo national champion.
Sign-up for the summer reading program continues into June and students can also be signed up for the program at the library.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students