Water district still seeks manager
The search for a new manager of Consolidated Rural Water District No. 1 is continuing, said Greg Pike, water district chairman of the board.
Consolidated Rural Water District No. 1 serves 1,600 area homes as far north as Lansing and south to U.S. Highway 24/40.
Lois Fulkerson, water district manager for the last six years, resigned from her position when she returned from medical leave. Her resignation became effective Oct. 27.
Citing matters of employee privacy, Pike could not disclose Fulkerson's reason for resigning, however, the chairman said Fulkerson served admirably during her tenure at the company.
"Lois did a great job for us and we appreciate her years of service," Pike said. "We wish her all the best."
The water company has formed a search committee for Fulkerson's replacement and has begun advertising for the vacant position. The company has received some applications for the managerial position, Pike said.
There is no timetable on when a replacement will be hired, Pike said
"We're looking for somebody and as soon as we find the right person, we'll make a decision," he said.
More like this story
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- BLAS continues to add families to Christmas 'Adopt-A-Family' program