No charges filed yet in bomb hoax
Charges have yet to be filed against three female students from Basehor-Linwood High School suspected of making a false bomb threat last week at the school, Leavenworth County prosecutors said.
On Tuesday, Nov. 11, Veteran's Day, administrators and school district officials evacuated students and staff from the high school after receiving a note that said an explosion would occur at 1:31 p.m. that afternoon.
The bomb threat was later discredited as a hoax.
Bill Winzenburg of the Leavenworth County Victim Witness office said three female students -- ages 14,15 and 16 -- are suspects in the case. The students were processed through the county's juvenile detention center on Wednesday, Nov. 12.
A review of the case is pending as are any possible charges against the students, Winzenburg said.
The students suspected of making the threat were detained and questioned by police at the high school on Nov. 11. After several hours, police officers discredited the threat.
No suspicious materials were found in a search and no injuries were reported as result of the bomb threat.
School district officials said they would recommend anyone involved with the fictitious bomb threat be prosecuted to the fullest extent and a review of their standing in the school district would occur.