Obit: Elizabeth R. Barrett
Funeral services for Elizabeth R. Barrett, 99, Bonner Springs, were Tuesday, Sept. 30, at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Shawnee. Burial followed in the Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mrs. Barrett died Friday, Sept. 26, 2003, at the Colonial Manor Nursing Home in Lansing.
Elizabeth was born Aug. 10, 1904, in New York City. She lived most of her life in New York City and later in life moved to San Antonio, Texas. She and her late husband then moved to Bonner Springs in the mid 1980s.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, William D. Barrett, in 1990 and one son, William J. Barrett, in 1987.
Survivors include five daughters, Dolores Finley of Bonner Springs, Mary Barrett of New York City, Patricia Jordan of St. James, N.Y., Kathleen Barrett of Sandy Springs, Md., and Jeanne Handren of Gaithersburg, Md.; 28 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and nine great-great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Sacred Heart Catholic Church Building Fund.
More like this story
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- Remember When for April 2, 2015
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Baldwin holds off Basehor for 21-19 season-opening victory
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County