Benny Karpierz, 77, Leavenworth, died Sunday, Nov. 21, 2004, at home.
He was born Sept. 27, 1927, in Leavenworth, the son of John Karpierz and Agnes Schlonga Karpierz.
In 1949 he married Norveta Tate. She survives.
Mr. Karpierz owned and operated Benny's at 20th and Dakota streets in Leavenworth for 30 years.
He enjoyed doing handyman projects for family and friends and working in remodeling. He played in the Country Sounds Band.
Survivors include Norveta Karpierz, Lansing; four daughters, Linda Munson, Kansas City, Shelly Lefebvre, Peggy Hyde and Denise Karpierz, all of Leavenworth; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mary Ann Weast and Bernice Gartz.
A memorial service was Saturday at the Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Hospice of Leavenworth, 920 Sixth Ave., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood's Walcott signs with Pitt State