A 41-year-old Lansing man reported being the victim of a hit-and-run Monday morning crossing from Ida Street to the east side of Main Street.
The incident occurred at 6:40 a.m., Julie Denney, the victim's wife said.
"It was raining," Denney said. "He had a big, yellow raincoat on. All the cars were stopped at the intersection, and then this one car came from Ida and hit him from behind."
The victim, Lansing Correctional Facility employee Terry Denney, said he thought the car was dark blue. Denney was thrown up onto the car's hood then bounced onto the ground. Julie Denney said her husband was sore but not seriously injured.
Lansing Police said the case was under investigation but currently they had no witnesses.
Denney asked that anyone with information pertaining to the incident contact the Lansing Police Department at 727-3000.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan