Photo contest deadline nears
The snow this week and last wiped out much of the remaining fall foliage, but that doesn't mean there aren't good opportunities still awaiting photographers looking to win The Current's fall photo contest.
Entries have been coming into The Current's office steadily since the contest was announced Nov. 4.
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Saturday.
The idea is simple: Show the scenes of fall, friends and neighbors at work or play, or any images of the community.
The winner will receive $100 and will be announced in the Dec. 16 issue of The Current.
Entries can be hand-delivered by 5 p.m. Friday to The Current office at 204 N. Main St., or digital photos, preferably in JPEG format, can be e-mailed by 5 p.m. Saturday to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A consent form must accompany any photo in which a person can be identified.
For more details on the contest rules, see the advertisement on page 3B of this week's Current.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives