The November meeting of the Boling 4-H club was brought to order by President Emma Hoagland at 7 p.m. Nov. 8 at Boling Grange. Thirty-two members were present.
Parliamentarian moment was given by Maria Calhoun. During the New Member Ceremony, Sadie Johnson, Jessica Vold and Tyler Lansing were inducted. Project talks/demonstrations were given by Natalie Loreti, Ethan Johnson and Sadie Johnson.
In announcements: The annual scholarship chili supper on Oct. 20 was again a success and thanks were given for everyone who supported it. Christmas outreach stocking delivery will be from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Dec. 11 to residents at Planters II in Leavenworth. The Christmas party for the club will be Dec. 13 at the Boling Grange. Theme will be a sock hop. There will be a decorated sock contest, and all members are asked to bring snacks and gift for gift exchange. There will be a short meeting prior to the meeting. Roll call will be your favorite Christmas song.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues