Adoption Day at animal shelter
The Leavenworth Animal Welfare Society will conduct its monthly Adoption Day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Leavenworth Animal Control Shelter, 1720 S. Second St.
The shelter is home to pets brought in and strays picked up throughout Leavenworth County.
The cost for adoption is $40 for either a dog or a cat.
Once an adopted dog is spayed or neutered, however, the new owner is eligible for a rebate on adoption and
spaying fees. When the
adopted cat is spayed or neutered, the new owner is eligible for a $35 rebate on the fees. There is no rebate for animals already spayed or neutered.
Adoptions also may be made during regular weekday hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
To see a listing of available pets, go to www.petfinder.com and enter the Lansing ZIP code.
For more information, call the shelter, 682-0268.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Senior Center volunteers tutor Bonner second graders in reading
- Phippen named three-time All-American
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night