Basehor Council to update plan
The Basehor City Council agreed Monday night to move forward with hiring a design firm to help revise the city's comprehensive plan, which hasn't seen a major update since 1996.
The Council authorized municipal employees to offer a contract to the engineering firm of Shaffer, Kline and Warren to help perform the updates.
No timetable was set Monday night for when the Council will review the final contract.
In other action, the Council:
- Approved, 4-1, an ordinance renewing the franchise with Westar Energy. City Council president Julian Espinoza voted against the proposal.
- Approved, 5-0, renewal of cereal malt beverage and liquor licenses for Casey's, Simple Simon's, Kelley's Bar and Grille and Shorty's Liquor Store.
- Approved, 5-0, a contract with Leavenworth County for 2005 court services.
- Approved, 3-2, a wage plan for the year 2005, except a provision providing a 2.75 percent pay increase for the city treasurer. City Council members Espinoza and Keith Sifford voted against the proposal.
- Approved, 5-0, the final plat for the first phase of Wolf Creek Junction, formerly known as Basehor Plaza.
- Approved, 5-0, authorization to provide labor and equipment to create a new driveway at Basehor Elementary School.
- Approved, 5-0, a change order and relocation fee for Pinehurst benefit district.
- Approved, 5-0, a change order for north Poplar interceptor line.
- Approved, 5-0, change order for U.S. Highway 24/40 widening project.
- Approved, 5-0, to accept completion of work certificate from Kings Construction and commence maintenance bond.
- Approved, 5-0, a request for contractor payment from state revolving loan for administration of work by others.
- Approved, 5-0, discontinuation of agreement with D and B Associates regarding grinder pump at 15544 State Avenue.
- Denied, 3-2, an amendment to the solid waste ordinance increasing monthly service fee. Sifford and Espinoza voted in favor of the proposal.
- Denied, 3-2, a proposal for risk management services.
- Tabled a request for utilities and street maintenance at 15822 Ripley.
- Approved, 4-1, a request for prepayment of sewer tap fees for Pinehurst Villas. Espinoza voted against the request.
- Approved, 3-2, year-end transfers. Sifford and Espinoza voted against the proposal.