State OKs $971,000 for Basehor road project
Basehor will receive $971,000 from the Kansas Department of Transportation's Economic Development Program to construct a new frontage road north of U.S. Highway 24-40 between 155th and 158th Streets.
The city of Basehor will contribute $428,000 to the $1.4 million project.
State and local funds totaling $24.5 million were approved recently for 26 construction projects in cities across Kansas through the Transportation Department's Local Partnership Program.
The program financially assists local governments in making needed road improvements on city and county roads. Such projects are intended to enhance economic development in the state.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons