Gregory W. Walkup
Services for Gregory W. Walkup, 39, of Lansing, will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at R.L. Leintz Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Walkup died Sunday, Dec. 19, 2004, at his home.
He was born March 25, 1965, in Leavenworth, the son of Grant and Donita Schmidt Walkup.
He attended Pittsburg State University.
Mr. Walkup was a veteran who served in the U.S. Army.
He owned and operated Walkup Remodeling and enjoyed a good reputation as a fine builder and carpenter.
Mr. Walkup married Trena Edwards on April 6, 1991 in Leavenworth. She survives at the home.
Other survivors include his father, Grant, Shawnee; a brother, Bart, Shawnee; a sister Teresa Fliger, Basehor; and his stepfather, Ed Simons, Lansing.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, 4701 10th Ave., Leavenworth.
Online condolences may be made at www.leintzfh.com.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good