Basehor City Council approves amendments to 2004 city budget
The Basehor City Council took part in a brief public hearing Monday night before convening into a regular meeting.
During the public hearing, Council members unanimously approved an amendment to the 2004 budget. The amendment adjusts the city's spending authority for three funds: sewer capital improvement, park and recreation and the capital improvement funds.
City treasurer Baron Powell said the adjustments were made because there are projects the city could choose to move forward with and money for those projects would need to come from the funds tweaked Monday night.
Following the work session, the Council went into a regular meeting. City officials said "housekeeping items" were added to the agenda that were not published in last week's notice.
In other business, Council voted to:
- Tabled an interlocal agreement with Leavenworth County concerning sewer connection fees for Sewer District No. 7, which includes the Cedar Lakes development.
- Denied, 3-2, a proposal to allow developers of Pinehurst to pre-pay 33 sewer connection fees. City Council members John Bonee and Julian Espinoza voted in favor of the proposal.
- Denied, 4-1, a request from Scherer construction to pre-pay 31 sewer connection fees. Espinoza voted in favor of the proposal.
- Approved, 5-0, a change order for 5 and 6 for King Construction.
- Accepted, 5-0, the city administrator's resignation.
- Accepted, 3-2, the city treasurer's resignation. City Council members Keith Sifford and Julian Espinoza voted against accepting the resignation.