This Christmas, try to relax, enjoy
Don't look now: Christmas is upon us.
Between now and Saturday, there are bound to be some crazed trips to the store for that last-minute special gift. There's sure to be more than one father staying up late in the coming days to put together an "assembly required" toy for a child. Likewise, there are cooks fretting that something is bound to go wrong with the holiday feast.
Follow this piece of advice: Relax and enjoy.
The holidays are a stressful time, no doubt. But they also are a special time. The memories that are made this Christmas will join with those of Christmases past to last a lifetime. The phrase, "Remember the Christmas when :" will be repeated many times throughout the weekend and followed by a story that will awaken fond memories, spark a smile or perhaps even elicit a guffaw.
The "disasters" this weekend will be next year's lessons to be remembered.
So if you feel the stress quotient expanding, let it go. Somehow, some way, Christmas is going to come off beautifully.
And when it does, it will be another Christmas miracle.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events