Help wanted: Planning Commission member
Last week's resignation of Basehor Planning Commission chairman Ron Owen has created a vacancy on the board, and Basehor city officials are seeking anyone interested in filling that void.
The vacancy will be filled by the appointment of Basehor Mayor Joseph Scherer, who said this week he'll accept letters of interest for the vacancy during the next two to three weeks.
So far, there have been no applications filed for the vacancy on the seven-member Planning Commission.
On Monday, Basehor City Council member Bill Hooker sought to recommend an appointment for the vacancy, but action was delayed by the City Council so interested parties would have time to apply.
The appointment will fill the remainder of Owen's term, which expires in May.
Owen resigned last week for personal reasons. He was a member of the Planning Commission since 1996.
Basehor city officials said John Mattthews, planning commission vice-chairman, would succeed Owen as chairman.
More like this story
- Reviewing the legacy of a 'good, but unfortunate' president
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education