New hire’s first day is delayed
Basehor residents will have to wait before getting a chance to meet David Fuqua, the recently hired city administrator.
Two public appearances by Fuqua, Cushing, Okla., were cancelled this week because he and his family are still in the process of moving to Basehor, city officials said.
He was scheduled to appear Monday night before the Basehor City Council meeting began and also Thursday morning during a Basehor Chamber of Commerce breakfast at city hall.
The chamber of commerce meeting still took place Thursday morning.
City officials pegged Fuqua for the city administrator position from a field of more than 60 candidates. The Kansas League of Municipalities coordinated the national search.
Fuqua has nine years experience in city management.
His responsibilities include managing the day-to-day operation of the city, supervising all department heads, developing short and long-term planning and preparing an annual budget.
He was set to begin work Monday, Feb. 23, however, his start date has been postponed until March 1.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive
- Emporia State investigation finds no evidence of hate crime