The Basehor City Council may host an additional, more informal interview with the two finalists for the city administrator position next week.
During a work session Tuesday, Jan. 20, City Council president Julian Espinoza said he spoke with a representative from the League of Kansas Municipalities about scheduling more interviews for the final two candidates.
The League has coordinated the search and will attempt to set a time next week for both candidates to come to Basehor, meet with the City Council and staff and tour the city.
Council members also discussed the proposed purchase of another police department squad car Tuesday night. The police department acquired three bids for the proposed new 2004 Ford Crown Victoria vehicle.
The City Council is expected to make a decision on the vehicle purchase during its monthly meeting Monday, Jan. 26. The meeting is to begin at 7 p.m.
Items listed on Monday night's agenda are:
- Work to be done on Poplar Sanitary Sewer.
- Purchase of police car.
- Contractor payments for 24/40 Hwy interceptor line.
- Proclamation proclaiming Friday, April 16 as Bonner Springs-Edwardsville and Basehor-Linwood Night at Kauffman Stadium.
- Contractor payments for Pinehurst Benefit District.
- Change in street name from Basehor Plaza Parkway to Landauer Way.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Tractor Daze event expected to be bigger, better
- Ag Hall's Tractor Daze to include hall of fame inductions
- Man sentenced to 13 years for shooting clerk in Topeka
- Kansas utility to retire old generating units by year's end