Obit: Muriel Joyce Hansen
A memorial service for Muriel Joyce Hansen, 84, Lenexa, was held Jan. 17 at the Zion Lutheran Church, Vassar.
Mrs. Hansen died Jan. 14, 2004, of liver cancer.
Mrs. Hansen worked as a bookkeeper for 20 years at Montgomery Ward and Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative. She and her husband Bill enjoyed going to Texas as "Snow Birds" for 20 years.
She was preceded in death by her parents Harry and Florence Holmgren, a brother Bud Holmgren and a sister Evelyn Noone.
She is survived by her husband of 62 years, William H. Hansen; brother Vernon Holmgren, Lake Waukomis; three sons, Chris of Shawnee, Jess of Lexington, Mo., and Russ of Louisville, Ky.; four grandchildren and four great- grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Zion Lutheran Church, Vassar, Kan., or Kansas City Hospice.
More like this story
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises