Students advance in competition
Two Basehor-Linwood Middle School students will advance to a state level competition in the Reader's Digest National Word Power Challenge.
John King and Kasey Keck are the seventh and eighth grade champions, respectively, representing the middle school.
To move onto the state level competition, the students successfully answered oral and written questions on vocabulary.
If either King or Keck win the national competition, they will receive a $25,000 college scholarship. Second and third place finishers receive $15,000 and $10,000 scholarships.
More like this story
- Phippen named three-time All-American
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears