Board undergoes reorganization
Members of the Basehor-Linwood School District Board of Education voted unanimously to reelect each of its officers to an additional term Monday night.
President Kerry Mueller, Vice President Pat Jeannin, Clerk Audra Boone, assistant clerks Janis Newton and Don Swartz and Treasurer Mark Grube were all appointed to an additional term for next school year.
Members of the school board also:
- Designated that the Basehor Sentinel and the Leavenworth Times will still serve as the districts official newspapers and that First State Bank will remain the official depository.
- Designated that Board of Education meetings will be held the second Monday of each month at the Lou Haney BOE Room during the '04-'05 school year, except the September, December, February and April meetings, which will be held at Basehor-Linwood Middle School and the March meeting, which will be held March 21 because of spring break.
- And re-appointed several district employees and officials as to their posts as representatives and liaisons that they held last year.
The next Board meeting is scheduled to take place Aug. 9 at the Lou Haney BOE room.
More like this story
- Kansas designates Wednesday as Military Appreciation Day
- Report: Nearly 1 in 3 young U.S. adults too fat for military
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Reviewing history behind name change of North America's highest peak