County Road 2 closed for repairs
Part of 158th Street, also known as Leavenworth County Road 2, will be closed for approximately 90 days, beginning Thursday, July 29.
The street will be closed on the south at Evans Road and on the north just before Pinehurst Drive, Leavenworth County Engineer Gary Ditty said.
Motorists will have two detour options, which are already marked, to work with.
Traffic from the Cedar Lakes area will be routed through the Pinehurst development and then directed on to Pinehurst Drive.
Traffic flowing the other direction, from the south, will be directed up to 166th Street.
Ditty said once the roundabout project that has closed 155th Street south of U.S. Highway 24/40 is completed then 158th Street will be closed all the way to the highway.
The project was originally scheduled to begin about 10 days ago, but Ditty said last-minute utility work forced crews to postpone the start date.
Miles Excavating was selected to carry out the project, and the Kansas Department of Transportation is administering the contract.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday