Director search proceeds
The search for a new Leavenworth Area Development director has begun, and the organization hopes to fill the position "as soon as possible," said Chris Donnelly, LAD president.
Donnelly said a search committee recently sent out notices advertising the vacancy for LAD, an organization interested in promoting economic development in Leavenworth County.
Bill Petrie, president of Commerce Bank in Leavenworth and a LAD vice-president, is spearheading the search committee.
The vacancy at the organization's helm was created in October 2003 when then-director Bill Schulte resigned. Schulte was hired as LAD director in December 2002 but resigned to be closer to his family in Colorado.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch