Anniversary: Henry and Charlene Porter
A reception was held on Saturday, February 14, at the Lansing Community Center celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary of Henry and Charlene (Douglas) Porter.
They were married on February 13, 1954. The reception was hosted by their children and spouses: Calvin and Loretta Habig, Ronald and Laura Porter, Douglas and Denise Porter, Kenneth and Karen Porter and Douglas and Peggy Reaser.
The Porters have 12 grandchildren and two great grandchildren. In 1996, Charlene retired as clerk for Basehor-Linwood USD 458 and Henry as a driver for Penney's Concrete.
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Remember When for March 26, 2015